Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Day T-3: Solo Sojourner

In honor of Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days, incidentally one of my favorite childhood books, I'm finally starting a blog. Now this is a story all about how, my life got flipped, turned upside down. And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you about my trip 'round the world on a low fare.*

There are 3 days left before the flight to Milan, and I'm equal parts excited and nervous.

I'm seriously giddy to be traveling again. While I'm always glad to get back home and live life with friends & family, I also get an itch to explore new places before too long. Every time I've traveled or lived elsewhere has been a time to reflect, pray, and grow, away from the distractions of obligation and work. This time, I'll attempt to write down some thoughts and observations of the world around. Warning - it ain't always gonna be the deepest stuff, as I anticipate writing about my drooling over steaming plates of pasta, fumbling through my hastily cobbled Italian, and gawking at Miyazaki's magnificent anime. However, I hope to retell some amazing stories, witness history in the making, and marvel at God's creation.

A million things are whispering doubts into my ears, though. Will I be able to really find good hostels for each leg in Europe? What if I get robbed by petty thieves? Do I have the right amount packed? Will I actually meet new friends? Is this solo trip really happening?

Still, the excitement is suppressing most of the fears. Fino alla prossima volta.




*Credit to my muse of the day, Will Smith.

1 comment:

  1. Solo trips for me, thankfully, have proven to be great. God always has provided in the least expected ways. True, that has resulted me in sleeping in a cemetery one night in northern Spain, but even that experience wasn't frightening, and it definitely remains memorable, thanks to Him who protects and guards what is His. So enjoy!

    ReplyDelete